Monday, February 27, 2012

A Regular Monday

Today has turned out to be a great Monday. It started off rough. I woke up feeling like I had been punched in the stomach and kicked in the head. I know, right? Horrible. I let myself sleep a little bit later than normal, which seemed to help. Then I lay in bed watching Netflix and Cago, of all creatures, came to my side and plopped down next to me and snuggled in for his morning nap. It was wonderful because he is usually never affectionate. I think he senses something new will come into the family soon. Maybe? Well, I got myself out of bed, showered, drank some tea, finished the dishes, started the laundry, ordered our wedding thank-you cards, and now I've just ate the most delicious lunch. I went to Trader Joe's last week... because sometimes you just feel like buying something from Trader Joe's. I ended up buying a $2 bag of red potatoes, Mexican style cheese, and sour cream (among other things). The potatoes have been sitting in a cute little bowl in my kitchen for a few days now and I kept staring at them thinking of how wonderful it would be when I made baked potatoes. By today, the cheese is almost gone (I married Mr. Wisconsin Cheese Man...let's be real) and the sour cream was used for another recipe and almost gone too. So I marched myself into my kitchen, turned on the oven, and proceeded to make the best lunch I've had in a while. I highly suggest making yourself a baked potato... before it's summer... and no one wants to use an oven in the summer in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment