Sunday, February 26, 2012

BOY or GIRL???

Aaron and I spent yesterday preparing for our party where we would reveal the gender of our baby. We had no idea how many people would show up (you just never know when you invite people via Facebook). We shopped for pink and blue plates, cups, napkins, candies, and fruit. We did a clean sweep through the entire apartment (which was needed even if a party wasn't happening) and we made little decorations. It was really fun! I was planning on taking pictures throughout the night... I even left my camera on my desk to remind myself. I didn't think about taking pictures ONCE. There were so many people who came to celebrate with us, it was awesome! We know so many different people from different places in our lives. There were North Parkers, people from Camp Squanto, people from Swedish Cov, a friend from Thailand, and nursing friends. It was great to share our joy with them!

Here's some pictures of the party pre-guests:





We were really excited to announce that IT'S A GIRL! Almost everyone thought we would be having a boy... fooled them (: The cupcakes were filled with pink frosting. I think they were a big hit!
And we have named her:
Rorie Gwendolyn.
And we already love her to pieces!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad I missed it. I wore blue to my school event last night, so I guess I was wrong too! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already love her to pieces, too. Isn't it amazing how much you do already???!!?? Imagine how that love will feel once you're holding her in her arms and looking into her precious little eyes with her holding on tightly to your little pinky finger..... your heart will feel like it's going to explode!

    Sigh... I do love babies, that's a well-known fact. But this one especially so!

    ReplyDelete