Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's Officical!

So it's officially official! Aaron and I are expecting a baby in July! We are so very excited and it's been a really weird/strange/wonderful/surprising/horrible/etc 15 weeks. I'm going to keep you all updated as much as I can!

I have been feeling a variety of feelings and emotions. I started off with heartburn. I have never, ever had heartburn before and it was horrible. It was constant. I felt like my throat all the way down to my stomach was on fire! Water, yogurt, ice... nothing would put out the burning feeling. It was horrible. And this lasted about 2-3 weeks and still comes back sometime.

Then I got sick. Hello, morning sickness!!! Not. I would have rather skipped that completely. For about two months, I was sick. Not just in the morning, but literally ALL DAY. It really got me down. It was so hard to just function, let alone keep any food down. I would literally eat then hopefully make it to the bathroom (did not make it a number of unfortunate times). Sometimes I would be walking to the car. And then my breakfast would end up on the sidewalk. It was embarrassing. I had to leave my classes a number of times and sat through most of them hoping I wouldn't make a scene. I'm glad it's mostly over. When I started feeling sick I felt better from 1pm-2pm. My heartburn was gone, I could eat lunch, and wash a few dishes... and then BAM! It would be back with rage. Over time I have started to feel better for longer and longer in the afternoon. I still feel nauseous in the morning and have lost my breakfast numerous times, but they are few and far between. So it's looking up from here!

Aaron and I have been to the doctor twice now. I'm lucky he's off some days a month during the week, so we've been able to go together. He's the only guy I've seen in the waiting room, so I feel extremely lucky. We picked a practice that has three OBGYN's who work as a team. They are a part of the NorthShore hospital group. Over the pregnancy we will meet with all three of them, so we feel comfortable with all of them, and whoever is on-call when the ball drops will deliver little Bean (the baby's name as of right now). Both visits we got to see the baby via ultrasound. It's so weird to see! But really fun, because in between visits it's hard not to think that something is wrong because the baby is so small. I can't even feel it, so I always wonder if it's ok down there in my belly. But it always is. The little heart beats like the wings of a hummingbird. It grew so much in a month too! It looks like a real baby. I could see the hands, head, eyes, bridge of it's nose, big-little tummy and legs! It's a real mini me! And at our last visit the baby hiccuped and we could see it rock it's whole body! It was so cute!

So that's what's going on right now. I haven't been craving much... but last night Kristin sent me a recipe of homemade crunch wrap supremes... and I'm supposed to go to the post office today, which is right by Taco Bell... and I woke up at 6:30am and read my emails and then couldn't sleep because I was thinking about getting a crunch wrap supreme. Now you may think this is a pregnancy thing... but I believe that I would do this sans pregnancy as well (:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for keeping us updated! I can't speak for everyone, but I already love this little babe a ton! Way to be a rock star about that morning sickness. Sounds like it sucks, but don't be embarrassed because the result is going to be a little baby! Also I can't wait to be in Chicago and rub your belly! (any other circumstances that would be creepy).

    ReplyDelete