Saturday, March 6, 2010

Purcellville, Virginia

Today I'm headed off to this place for a week. I love my house. It's a stupid cookie-cutter house, looks just like the one next door, and the one across the street, and the one behind it... but it's mine and I like it. And I like out Suburban and Volvo (which you can see in the corner a bit). And on the porch is my cutie boy Dash. Our house color is called Linen, my mom wanted White, but the nextdoor neighbors picked it first and they wouldn't let two houses be the same color right next to one another. I can draw this house perfectly from memory. That stupid little tree sprouts these dumb red berries on it that are so heavy the branches bend and almost touch the ground.
I'm headed off to this place for a week...for the last time.

2 comments:

  1. that was the sweetest post. actually made my eyes tear up. i hope you enjoy your last visit home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the last time I went to our old house - I took pictures of EVERYTHING! random things that made our house our house - I recommend it. I hope you have fun with Aaron and dig up some old memories cleaning out your room. Alissa is now gone too - I'm not sure how I like having a room to myself. I'm already looking forward to you coming back!

    ReplyDelete