Wednesday, January 9, 2013

MMM...MAMA! : SHRIMP PASTA EDITION.

So, I thought I might start up a little post series called "MMM...MAMA!" Why? Because I think I make some pretty tasty grub. And I'd like to share some of it with you! I know, you're welcome. First up... Shrimp Pasta. I've made this many times (once for two of my friends, I believe) and I love it every time. It's one of those dishes that feeds a lot and the leftovers taste even better the next day! Seriously, best characteristic of a dish. So here it is:


Shrimp Pasta in a Foil Package

INGREDIENTS

1/2 c. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 whole 14.5oz cans diced tomatoes
1/2 c. white wine
2 lb jumbo/large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
salt and pepper, to taste
fresh parsley, minced
1 lb. linguine, uncooked
red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
lemon

DIRECTIONS

Cook pasta for 1/2 the recommended cooking time. Pasta should still be very firm.

In a large skillet or pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for a minute. Dump in the tomatoes and wine. Stir the mixture together, season with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes, and allow to cook for ten minutes.

Meanwhile, prepare a large parcel of heavy duty aluminum foil. It should be large enough to hold the entire pasta dish.

Throw the shrimp on the top of the pasta sauce. Throw the drained pasta over the top, add the parsley then pour the whole dish onto the foil. Tightly wrap the foil into a parcel.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and keep warm until serving.

Open the foil parcel right before serving. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the top. Squeeze on lemon juice.

And there you have it. Shrimp pasta bliss. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment