Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Year's Resolution?

So I didn't make any New Year's resolutions this year. I never really do. It's not that I don't like them or that I don't think I can do them... I've just never been into New Years. I have never found it to be very exciting. If the ball drop in Times Square rocketed down the spiral and the sky exploded with fireworks as the year changed... then maybe I'd get a little more excited. But it's just the most boring ball drop I've ever seen.

Now, I don't really do resolutions... but this year I read on a blog that the writer made a resolution to put sunscreen on their face everyday. Now that is a resolution that I can stand by. Being fair-skinned, I know how important sun screen can be, and I've had my fair share of horrible sunburns I'd like to forget. But I also think it's important for people who "don't burn" and all skin types. But I am only myself, so that is who I will take care of right now. I haven't put it on everyday, but I do keep a little bottle of sun screen by my regular face lotion and it makes me feel great to know that one little application of sunscreen in the morning can protect my face from many, many things I'd like to avoid.

I'd like to think my future self will love me for this little change.

No comments:

Post a Comment