Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Painting

I realize that I've been updating art stuff a lot. Oh well (: Here is another one. I took a painting class this spring and loved it. I forgot how much I love to paint. And of course my life got a million times more hectic so I haven't gotten to do any painting, but I am proud of the ones I did. They make me pretty happy:


For this painting I was inspired by Van Gogh's Sunflowers. He is probably my favorite painter and I wanted to use thick paint and create texture (Which I did...come over and feel my painting... I even brushed it against my cheek once!). I included the second picture because the shelf is also a creation of ours. Aaron and I set out to make a homemade shelf and I really like it. He sanded and stained it and we put it together ourselves. I think it looks great together. It's probably the only spot in our whole apartment that is homey and put-together.

This is a painting of me and Aaron on an elephant in the jungles of Thailand. It was a lot of fun to paint...probably because our time on the elephant was a lot of fun too (:

My last painting on this page is actually the first painting I did in the class. It's also the first painting I had done since I was a senior in high school. So it took a little bit to get back into the swing of things. I should really start painting some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment