Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Visit from China

Last week my Mom got to come visit me from China. I really don't know what I would have done without her. I miss her terribly now, but am SO thankful for her help. We searched, called, and viewed over 20 apartments in 4 days. Finally deciding on a beautiful one bedroom on Spaulding and Hollywood. It's owned by this awesome older man named Mike who has a thick accent and paints everything and does all his own renovations. He reminded us of my Grandpa Johnson, who we referred to as our Silly Swede. He was a painter with a thick Swedish accent who had a life spirit inside him I've never seen before. So we felt right at home in Mike's place. Aaron and I signed the lease on Sunday and are excited to get the keys on April 15th (Which also happens to be Cago & Elle's 1st birthdays!!!)

On Thursday last week I picked up my friend Amy and her Mom from the airport. Amy has been my friend since before we were born. Our first picture together is at my baptism and Amy is in her Mom's tummy still (: We go waaay back! Amy was awesome. She was like my little wedding planner. She made appointments at bridal shops all over the Chicagoland area. And for three days... that's ALL WE DID! BUT... I did manage to find a dress that makes me feel amazingly beautiful and I can't wait for Aaron to see me in it.

I also talked to student services before break and found out (no thanks to them) that I have to complete 12 more credit hours to teach art. So I signed up for 12 credits at Northeastern for the summer. It's going to be crazy, but it will be good to get it all over with!

It was a busy, stressful, but successful week. I'm sad I didn't get to see any of my friends, especially Christine, but it feels good to have some things set for the future.

Now... just have to finish my Art Show THIS FRIDAY (5-7pm) and I will be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment