Friday, January 21, 2011

Stupid, Stupid Chicago

I think landlords should get fined for not shoveling the sidewalk in front of their apartments. It's such a simple thing to do. I know most people do not like to shovel (I, however, love it),  but really... it's the winter. It needs to be done.

I'm thankful for snow plows. And I think it would be fun to drive one. But where are the narrow snow plows for the sidewalks? Where are they? Why doesn't that automatically get plowed as well?

I've slipped twice in one day (yesterday actually). And slipping is scary. It's right up there with getting teeth pulled when you're awake and having one of those falling dreams where you suddenly wake up. Except it's real life. And it hurts when you wake up.

I really hate getting my teeth pulled. I think it's one of the most humiliating things to go through in life. I had lots of teeth pulled before getting braces put on. And I wish I was put to sleep before it happened. Feeling someone yank a perfectly good tooth out of your mouth, prying it out of it's little home, is awful. The sounds are gruesome and the feeling when you haven't been given enough pain medication is terrifying. Stupid teeth pulling.

It's terrifying to have a falling dream. They literally come out of nowhere. You'll be dreaming about puppies and flowers and then BAM! You're falling and you thrash and hit your arms hard on your bed... oh yes, you weren't really falling... you're in bed. Stupid falling dreams.

And it's terrifying to have your feet slip out from under you and there's nothing you can do because it's so dang slippery. GRRR... stupid ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment