Sunday, January 6, 2013

ALTER EGO?



I love the simpleness of this photo. I also love that she's barefoot. At the moment I am wearing thick winter socks because my floors are chilly. But when it's summertime... I am happiest with dirty feet. I also love her simple clothes and weathered house. She looks like she works hard, but she also looks like she's taking a moment to look at something beautiful. Maybe it's her children playing in the yard with the dog. Maybe it's her husband getting our of his truck after working in the fields. Maybe it's a cow tenderly sniffing a kitten. Who knows. That part of the picture wasn't taken. Either way... I love the simpleness of this photo. Life in these times is waaay too complicated. I'm not sure it has to be. Maybe we need to take it one day at a time. Learning that less is more.

1 comment: